We discuss the dangers of keeping up with the elusive Jones’.
We ask the following:
– Since the word Greed is more commonly used when referring to money, is there a difference between envy & greed?
– TV was first demonstrated a mere 90 yrs. ago. Thoughts on it’s influence on Americas “Can’t Get Enough” attitude.
– Is TV’s influence intentional or accidental?
– TV’s appeal to emotion vs rational mind.
– TV, are we better off without it?
In the 2005 book – American Mania: When More is Not Enough we are reminded:
“Despite an astonishing appetite for life, more and more Americans are feeling overworked and dissatisfied. In the world’s most affluent nation, epidemic rates of stress, anxiety, depression, obesity, and time urgency are now grudgingly accepted as part of everyday existence. They signal the American Dream gone awry.”
Get Your Mind Straight. Get Your Money Straight.
Debt Shepherd 2016, All Rights Reserved