This episode is inspired by the stand up comedy bit “What” by
Let’s take a trip in the theatre of your mind. A trip to an alternate reality where you stop learning and start earning. But there’s a catch. Once you start earning, you never get to learn anything else ever again.
- What if you got paid to be ignorant?
- If your bank account was based on how many books you read a year (and I don’t mean fiction), would you have some zeros or a comma maybe?
- Would you stop learning just to get a check?
- Would it be enough for you to stay ignorant of who you really are, what you’re really capable of if you got paid to not know?
- What if instead of paying schools to put information into your head, you got paid to never put information into your head?
- What if being an avid reader, searcher, & learner meant you stayed financially poor the rest of your life? You’d always have food, clothing, shelter, medicine but you’d never have more money than what you have today.
- Would you want to get paid to stay ignorant?
Society tells you the more you learn (about it’s world) the more you earn (it’s money).
-What if the less you learn (about societies world) the more you earn? Earn in awareness. Earn in self discovery. Earn in deeper inner standing of your true self.
- What if less (of the world) is more (of you)?
Give us a call on our voicemail feedback hotline at 615-200-7189 or drop Greg an email at:
greg [at] debtshepherd [dot] com